Session 3: Education staff have capacity to support the mental health and wellbeing of learners
A: Increased knowledge, skills and understanding of the workforce to support the mental health and wellbeing of learners.
Building on the Appreciative Enquiry and linked programme of Webinars from our 2020/21 Spaces for Wellbeing work, we will offer an interactive session, giving participants a space to reflect on current challenges in responding to children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing needs. Part of the module will model a session that participants can use with their own teams to:
- Begin to develop a shared language and approach
- Identify challenges and concerns in supporting the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people
- Share practice and learning from the experience of the participants in the group and how to facilitate a positive group discussion about this.
At the end of the session, participants will have:
- A modelled session that they can use within their own establishment.
- Practical examples of the tools that can be used with staff, children and young people
- Access to a programme of relevant CPD
- A Wakelet linking this learning to available tools and resources on offer from a range of selected sources.
- Access to a local Community of Practice (facilitated by Barnardo’s) within their Regional Improvement Collaborative area, where they can connect with others for further discussion, support and sharing.
If you are having issues with registering for the Session on Eventbrite, please open the link using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge